When Something Happens
If you see a Code of Conduct violation, follow these steps:
- Let the person know that what they did is not appropriate and ask them to stop and/or edit their message(s).
- That person should immediately stop the behavior and correct the issue.
- If this doesn’t happen, or if you’re uncomfortable speaking up, contact admins.
- As soon as available, an admin will identify themselves, and take further action (see below), starting with a warning, then temporary deactivation, then long-term deactivation.
When reporting, please include any relevant details, links, screenshots, context, or other information that may be used to better understand and resolve the situation.
The Admin team will prioritize the well-being and comfort of the recipients of the violation over the comfort of the violator. See our examples.
Once the admins get involved, they will follow a documented series of steps and do their best to preserve the well-being of Postfurry World members.
You may contact Postfurry Worlds admins through any of the following methods:
- Directly message any admin in private, using the method appropriate to the server (DM on Discord,
pageon the MUCK, etc)
- Use the
@Administratorrole shortcut in the
#metachannel on the Discord server.
- Direct Message @PostfurryWorlds on Twitter with the details and any relevant links.
Admin identities are visible in the following ways:
- Discord: Admins have the
Administratorrole, and are highlighted in blue in the user list.
- MUCK: Admins are listed under the
If you’ve already followed the initial enforcement steps, these are the steps admins will take for further enforcement, as needed:
- Repeat the request to stop.
- If the person doubles down, they will be given an official warning.
- If the behavior continues or is repeated later, the person will be deactivated for 24 hours.
- If the behavior continues or is repeated after the temporary deactivation, a long-term (6-12mo) deactivation will be used.
On top of this, admins may remove any offending messages, images, contributions, etc, as they deem necessary.
Admins reserve full rights to skip any of these steps, at their discretion, if the violation is considered to be a serious and/or immediate threat to the health and well-being of members of the community. These include any threats, serious physical or verbal attacks, and other such behavior that would be completely unacceptable in any social setting that puts our members at risk.
Who Watches the Watchers?
Admins and other leaders who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the community’s leadership. These may include anything from removal from the admin team to a permanent ban from the community.